Press – TV:
- VoiceYourView OurCity film by BBC Click 19/05/2011.
- Catalyst Access ASD Clasp film by BBC Click 05/09/2014.
Press – Other:
- How wearable devices are helping people with autism manage anxiety. ZDNet August 2016.
- New type of wearable help people with autism control anxiety. ICT & health, 16/08/16.
- The Coffee Pot That Only Works When It’s Windy. The Atlantic. November 2014.
- Please Squeeze when Stressed. Autism Eye, Issue 16 Winter 14/15.
- Tweet Patrol: Deploying Social Networks to Solve Public Safety Issues. The Futurist, Nov/Dec 2010.
- Lancaster University – Here’s what I think. Times Higher Education 11/11/2010 .
- Software system is voice of the people. The Engineer 08/07/2011.
Invited Talks & Demonstrations
- Keynote: Using Personalised Tech to Minimise Anxiety. The National Autistic Society Autism and Technology Conference. Manchester. June 2017.
- The role of models in co-creating software frameworks with environmental scientists. INRIA, Rennes. February 2017.
- Models in the Cloud. EBTIC, Khalifa University Abu Dhabi. December 2016.
- Human Intention in Computing in Mental Health. Institute of Design and Assessment of Technology. HCI group, TU Wien, Austria. September 2016.
- Positive Care in Learning Disabilities: Innovations and Technologies Conference. Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. March 2016.
- 5th NWC Connected Health Ecosystem event. Widnes. July 2015.
- Keynote: “Prototyping Clasp: Implications for designing technologies with and for adults with autism”. Workshop on Autism and young people. CARL and the Tyndall Institute, University College Cork. September 2014.
- “Not Just Pi in the Sky: Tech Solutions for Social Innovation”. University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory. January 2013.
- VoiceYourView – Making Public Spaces Safer. Dundee Science Festival. Nov 2011.
- Science in the New Parliament. Westminster, London. Oct 2010.
- The Guardian Activate Summit. London. Invited by RCUK. 2010.
- How? research showcase. Swindon. Invited by RCUK. 2010.
Impact / Awards
- Selected for Best of CHI (Best Paper) at CHI’15, so in the top 1% of submissions.
- Clasp cited in “Research and Development Work Relating to Assistive Technology”. Department of Health, Sept 2016.
- Catalyst Project shortlisted in the Times Higher Education Awards 2014.
- VoiceYourView Crime Perception Maps cited in Public engagement in policy-making, House of Commons Public Administration Select Committee. June 2013.
- “OnSupply Platform for Investigation”. Manchester Science Festival, October 2014. Achieved record engagement figures at our stand for this type of event.
- Curate the Campus 2013: I/O Inside Out”. Lancaster Arts, 2013.
- “#Pat Treasure Hunt”. Manchester Science Festival, October 2012.
- Tangible Toys (TATO). Co-Investigator to this feasibility study funded by the EPSRC NewMind network.
Best Paper Award at CHI 2015, meaning it is amongst the top 1% of submissions that year: Best of CHI .
Updating lists of publications all over the place is onerous.
Its best to view my Google Scholar profile as they seem to keep it updated for me.